There may not yet be any definite treatment for Rosacea but thankfully there are a number of things that you can do to take of the situation. While treating the symptoms is normally what many treatment options take care of, the best way of dealing with it is trying to identify the triggers and take care to avoid them.
Among the most common things that trigger Rosacea are a number of physical activities as well as stress, heat or a number of foods and drinks. Different people are affected by different triggering factors. One of the best things you can do is to identify what your trigger factors are and as much as possible try to avoid them and as a result prevent any Rosacea flare-ups. With a good management of the common Rosacea triggers and a proper treatment regime you will easily be able to manage this nagging skin condition and enjoy a hassle free life.
Common trigger #1: The weather
One of the most common triggers of Rosacea is different weather conditions such as humidity, exposure to the sun, hot weather or even cold weather. You should be able to identify what aspect of the weather really affects you and take care of it:
- Sun protection: Try and use sunscreen with an SPF factor of above 15 throughout the year and always wear a wide brimmed hat whenever you step out.
- Stay cool: when its hot you need to stay in an air conditioned room and you can also lower your skin temperature by sucking ice chips or spraying yourself with cool water.
- Keep warm: You could stay as warm as possible during the winter moths and when you step out you must try to cover your mouth and nose with a scarf.
Common trigger #2: Stress
There people whose Rosacea trigger is any stressful situation. If emotional stress causes a Rosacea flare up you may want to get ways of reducing your stress:
- Personal care: It is important to make sure that you eat and drink right as well as have sufficient sleep.
- Relax: Take time to learn some relaxation techniques such as yoga, deep breathing and visualization.
- Get a pet: Pets such as cats or dogs can help you reduce stress significantly.
Common trigger #3: Foods and drinks
There are different foods that are known to cause Rosacea flare-ups and normally the most common ones are hot beverages, spicy foods and alcohol. There are a few things you can do in order to prevent them as well:
- Cold beverages: You may want to reduce the temperature of your hot beverages such as tea, coffee or soups so as to prevent flare-ups.
- Keep off alcohol: You can cut out alcohol from your life or probably reduce the amounts you take or reduce the concentration completely.
- Spices: You can do well to avoid spices such as chili powder, white and black pepper, cayenne and any others that trigger flare-ups in you.